Raw Mango Macadamia Cheesecakes
Confused about what to eat? Get one FREE, evidence-based nutrition tip weekly to your email - get access here.
IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!! (For many of us)
I'm a little bit glad you can't see my embarrassing summer celebration dance through your computer screen...
I don't think there is a more exciting time of year - waking up with a refreshing dip in the ocean, long lazy nights where the sun doesn't set until 8pm, salt crusted skin, sandy hair, and of course - MANGOES! (If you're not in the Southern Hemisphere - apologies for tantalising you. Maybe you should consider a trip down here...) All the best fruits are in season in summer in Australia: cherries, watermelon, peaches, strawberries, kiwifruits and mangoes.
This recipe is a tribute to my absolute favourite time of year. These little bite-sized raw cheesecakes are summertime in a mouthful. The base layer is a delicious crumbly mix of walnuts, coconut and oats. The white middle layer is made up of creamy blended macadamias and cashews with some zesty lemon to balance out the sweetness. Of course, these Raw Mango Macadamia Cheesecakes are topped with pureed mango and coconut cream. Y.U.M - have you ever heard of a better summer combination?
Summertime also means more time with family with Christmas around the corner, and lots of fun events and celebrations. This Raw Mango Macadamia Cheesecake would be the perfect little treat to bring along to a festive celebration or sunny picnic. You are guaranteed to become the star of the event once everyone has had their first mouthful. No one will guess they are free from dairy and refined sweeteners!
So screw the sausage sizzles this summer - you're armed with a foolproof vegan snack.
Watch this recipe in video form below or scroll down for the written version.
Raw Mango Macadamia Cheesecakes
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Good pinch of salt
Creamy Filling Layer
- 1 cup raw macadamias, soaked over night or at least 6 hours, water discarded
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked over night or at least 6 hours, water discarded
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. melted cacao butter
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen mango
- 2 Tbsp. coconut cream
- 1-2 passionfruits, to top
Takes , serves 8.
- Add walnuts to a high strength food processor and blend until roughly broken down
- Add dates, tahini, coconut, oats and salt. Process until just combined and sticking together between two fingers (if the mixture is too crumby add a tiny dash of water until it comes together)
- Spoon the base mixture into muffin tins and press firmly into the base until smooth. Set aside
- Add macadamias and cashews to the food processor and blend until compeltely smooth. Then add the lemon juice and zest, maple syrup and cacao butter and blend again
- Spoon the creamy filling onto the base mixture and place in the freezer to set while you make the mango layer
- Add mango and coconut cream to the food processor and blend until completely smooth
- Spoon the mango mixture over the creamy white filling and smooth with the back of a spoon
- Cut open the passionfruits and spoon the seeds on top of the mango layer
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until set
- Carefully remove the cheesecakes and serve immedietly. Return any uneaten cheesecakes to the freezer to store. Enjoy this perfect summer treat!