Last Updated: 28 July 2016
Why your privacy matters to us
("Sproutly Stories", "we" or "us") collects, stores, uses and discloses your personal information and how you may access personal information about you and seek correction of such information.
We collect a variety of information from visitors to our website, some of which can be confidential. This document explains the types of information we collect, how we collect it and what we do with that information (among other things).
Like most website operators, Sproutly Stories collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Sproutly Stories' purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Sproutly Stories' visitors use its website. The information collected will also help us trouble-shoot problems, analyse our resources and improve our services. There is nothing in that kind of information that could enable anyone to identify who you are.
Sproutly Stories also collects potentially personal information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users. Sproutly Stories only discloses logged in user IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personal information as described below.
In certain circumstances we may be required or permitted by law, court or tribunal order to collect certain personal information about you.
When do we collect personal information?
Visitors to Sproutly Stories' website choose to interact with Sproutly Stories in ways that require Sproutly Stories to gather personal information. The amount and type of information that Sproutly Stories gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you visit and interact with our website and related software (including any mobile applications);
- when visitors submit our "Get in touch" form or sign up for our newsletter;
- when you engage in transactions with Sproutly Stories;
- through cookies and other technologies that allow us to give you a better experience on our website; and
- when you contact us independently of the website, such as by email, phone or in person.
In each case, Sproutly Stories collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor's interaction with Sproutly Stories. Sproutly Stories does not disclose personal information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities and we may not be able to provide our services or assistance to you or on your behalf.
Where relevant you consent to Sproutly Stories posting and using any photographs, content and/or personal information you might upload on our website or have otherwise provided consent to publish on our website, blog, in our marketing collateral or social media channels, which we may use in order to provide our services, the marketing of our services or for the purpose of our functions and/or activities.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect your personal information in order that you may receive the benefit of our website and services.
- send you service or promotional communications, including surveys and information about security updates;
- create or distribute marketing material that is relevant to you;
- promote and market Sproutly Stories, our services , our websites (including any social media pages maintained or operated by us such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook etc)
- any other uses identified at the time of collecting your personal information.
If Sproutly Stories, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Sproutly Stories goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Sproutly Stories may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Does Sproutly Stories use personal information for direct marketing?
From time to time we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular Sproutly Stories services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may then contact you to let you know about these services, new features and how they may benefit you, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Sproutly Stories and our products.
Direct Marketing from Sproutly Stories generally takes the form of an Electronic marketing email.
Electronic marketing - Where we use your personal information to send you marketing information by email, SMS, MMS or other electronic means we may do so with your express or implied consent. You may give us your express consent by, for example, ticking a box on an electronic or signing in paper form where we seek your permission to send you electronic or other marketing information. Consent may be implied from our existing business relationship or where you have a reasonable expectation of receiving an electronic marketing communication.
Every directly addressed marketing contact sent or made by Sproutly Stories will include a means by which customers may unsubscribe (or opt out) of receiving further marketing information. Additionally, you may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us. Requests should be directed to us via the channels provided under 'Contact us' below.
Links to third party websites
Sproutly Stories may also collect personal information from you if you apply for a job with and/or become employed by us. In these circumstances:
- you authorise us to collect any personal information (whether written or verbal) from any referee or previous employer specified in your application for employment or curriculum vitae for evaluation of your application for employment and to hold such information on your personal file for future evaluation of your employment by us.
- you acknowledge that we collect your personal information for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment and, should you accept employment with us, the assessment of your continued employment by us and the administration by us of your remuneration and any PAYG obligations.
- You acknowledge that a failure by you to provide the requested personal information will have a detrimental effect on our ability to give your application proper consideration. You can request to access and/or correct your personal information in accordance with this policy.
How can you correct and update your information?
Please contact us using the contact details below as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information or if you believe the personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date so that we can update your file accordingly.
Storage and security
Sproutly Stories takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of personal information.
Although we aim to create a safe, secure environment by trying to limit access to the website to legitimate users, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised parties will not gain access. We will not have any liability arising from any unauthorised access to your personal information.
All such enquiries or complaints will be taken seriously and will be handled as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please contact us at our offices via the contact details provided below if you want to:
- obtain further information about the way we manage your personal information;
- access your personal information held by us;
- raise a concern or make a complaint regarding how we collect or handle your personal information;
- correct or update your personal information held by us; or
- unsubscribe from any Sproutly Stories mailing list or have any questions or complaints regarding unsolicited electronic communications that you may have received or are concerned about.
Please contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account by anyone else or any other breach of security.
Need more information on privacy?
For more general information regarding privacy in Australia, visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).