Summer is well and truely in full swing which of course means a seemingly endless supply of mangoes! If, like me, you have found yourself with a rapidly ripening box of mangoes that you just can’t get through fast enough, throw together a super simple batch of these Coconut Mango Popsicles. Deliciously summery, these popsicles ask for no more than 5 minutes of your afternoon: throw the ingredients in a blender, pour into popsicle moulds, place paddle pop sticks inside and freeze overnight.
If you unfortunately don’t happen to be in a climate where mangoes are in abundance, I’m sure frozen mango would work just as well and would also reduce the freezing time. Otherwise get creative and use whatever fruits are in season: I imagine coconut strawberry popsicles would be heavenly!
If you don’t own paddle pop moulds, small disposable plastic cups work well. Just simply fill with the liquid, place a paddle pop stick in the centre and make sure they stay upright in the freezer. When you’re ready to serve just squeeze the plastic to release the popsicle or otherwise gently cut down the side of the cup.
These popsicles are inspired by fond memories of Mango Weiss Bars, but reimagined dairy and refined sugar free so that they are healthy (and delicious) enough to eat every day of summer!
Coconut Mango Popsicles
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 1 ripe banana, peeled (or sub more mango)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup/sweetener of your choice of needed
- Popsicle moulds
- Paddle pop sticks
Takes , makes around 8.
- Peel mangoes and remove seeds
- Add mango flesh and all remaining ingredients to a high strength food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour into moulds and place a paddle pop stick in the centre of each mould, around 3/4 of the way down
- Place in freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight, then remove from the moulds and enjoy your summery treat!