This recipe is gluten free, vegan, and protein rich. Oh yeah, and super tasty!
These are my go-to lunch when I’m short on time or inspiration. So simple, these spicy, crunchy chickpeas take around 10 minutes to prepare. These are the perfect plant protein addition to a salad bowl, sandwich filling, leftover rice or simple snack on-the-go.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Indian curry power
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large flat pan
- Add the spices and salt and swirl around the pan for a minute or so, until fragrant
- Add drained chickpeas and stir to coat well with spices
- Fry chickpeas for 5 - 10 minutes until the edges are crispy and the middle is still deliciously soft - like a chickpea chip!
- Serve as a side dish, main part of a meal or cool and save for easy snacking later on. Enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
While the convenience of good quality store bought almond milk does see me buying a bottle most weeks, I love making my own from scratch. Every time I make the effort to do so I always ask myself why I don't do it every week.
The taste difference is dramatic - you will find your homemade almond milk to be infinitely more creamy.
The perfect healthy toast topper, this chia berry jam is a simple alternative to sugar-laden store bought jams and spreads.
Smooth, creamy and with a bit of a kick this Cashew Nacho Cheese is the ultimate Nachos topping or tortilla chip dip.