This recipe is gluten free, vegan, and protein rich. Oh yeah, and super tasty!
These are my go-to lunch when I’m short on time or inspiration. So simple, these spicy, crunchy chickpeas take around 10 minutes to prepare. These are the perfect plant protein addition to a salad bowl, sandwich filling, leftover rice or simple snack on-the-go.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Indian curry power
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large flat pan
- Add the spices and salt and swirl around the pan for a minute or so, until fragrant
- Add drained chickpeas and stir to coat well with spices
- Fry chickpeas for 5 - 10 minutes until the edges are crispy and the middle is still deliciously soft - like a chickpea chip!
- Serve as a side dish, main part of a meal or cool and save for easy snacking later on. Enjoy!