Until recently, I thought that making cold drip coffee required a fancy glass machine, only suited to high-end cafes. After a few experiments over the past weeks, I discovered how easy it is to infuse coconut water with coffee overnight. You simply strain away the coffee grinds in the morning and are left with the most delicious, ever-so-slightly sweet and refreshing buzz.
The only ‘fancy’ piece of equipment you will need for this recipe is a nut-milk bag, or failing that, a piece of muslin cloth which you can use to strain the coffee grounds from the coconut water. Let’s get started!
You will need:
- 1 liter of coconut water
- 1 cup freshly ground coffee beans
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- nut milk bag or large piece of muslin cloth (a.k.a. cheesecloth)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl or jar and sit in the fridge over night
- The next morning, drape your nut milk bag or muslin over a large jar and pour the coffee mixture over the top
- Once most of the liquid has gone through the bag, pick it up with two hands and start squeezing! Aim to get as much of the liquid out as possible.
- Don’t throw your coffee grinds away! They make an excellent body scrub mixed with a little coconut oil (another post on this soon).
- Serve on ice in tall glasses with a dash of fresh almond milk and a sweetener if you need. Enjoy!
You Might Also Like
Crunchy, zesty and guilt-free, these tortilla chips are the perfect easy snack. They are ready in under 10 minutes, require no oil and are the ultimate dipper. Try them with my Oil-Free Hummus, Oh My Guac or Cashew Nacho Cheese. HAPPY DIPPING!
Supercharge your snacking with these perfectly balanced, anti-inflammatory crackers.
While the convenience of good quality store bought almond milk does see me buying a bottle most weeks, I love making my own from scratch. Every time I make the effort to do so I always ask myself why I don't do it every week.
The taste difference is dramatic - you will find your homemade almond milk to be infinitely more creamy.
The perfect healthy toast topper, this chia berry jam is a simple alternative to sugar-laden store bought jams and spreads.
Smooth, creamy and with a bit of a kick this Cashew Nacho Cheese is the ultimate Nachos topping or tortilla chip dip.
A staple crunchy cheesy topping that transforms a good meal into a great one in a matter of seconds.
Making hummus is so simple and should only take you 5 minutes to throw everything into the blender! Healthy, delicious, easy.
Sweet, refreshing coffee infused coconut water - all it takes is a little bit of night-before prep.
Discover how simple it is to make your own nut and seed butters at home and start creating your own flavour combinations!
Vegan baking can be hard when you can't use eggs as a binder. Luckily, ground flax seeds combined with a little water can be the perfect substitute. Find out how to make your own flax egg!